Friday, February 29, 2008

One year down, one to go!

I DID IT! I finished my 2006 taxes, took them to my accountant who by the way complemented me on being so well organized, and we are even going to get a refund. Over $5,000. I cannot believe it. We have been working our butts off and with the real estate market in the toilet, we are going to be taking a loss that year for the 1st time in a long time. That kindof sucks, of course, but we'll come out of it okay like always.
I cannot believe how hard it has become for me to take my 2 year old, "L" into preschool. He cries, and clings, and I just feel like an ogre. Of course, when I get there to pick him up, he's totally fine and always says that he has had fun & wants to go back again. Then the next school day comes and the whole thing starts over. I think that I may just pull him out of school after March & try again next year. Its just so nice to have a few minutes all by myself. Right now, I'm the only one home. Pretty unusual since I'm the stay at home mom of 3 boys under the age of 10 & the wife of a self employed man who can & will take off whenever he feels like it. I have an entire hour to myself. After I finish here I should go do my dishes, but I want to just go lay down & sleep. I'm just such a ball of fun, I don't know what to do with myself!
Tomorrow night we are going to the mouse races at our children's school. I am not going to drink alcohol. I intend on being sober because last year I got drunk. I go out so rarely, that sometimes I try to act like I'm actually in my 20's and childless. I feel like I'm getting too old for that now. That, and since I have this stupid head injury, I don't want everyone thinking that "Teresa's got a head injury but she's always drinking.....she must be full of it". So, we'll see how I do with my intentions.
Now, onto bigger & better things.....my bed for 45 minutes!

No comments: