Saturday, August 30, 2008

A Day Off

My husband & I are taking the day off. Together. Without children. I can honestly say that I have no idea the last time this has happened. I have the most amazing mother in law, she has had the kids most days this week & still is pushing us out the door to get away. I'm in the show-me-state, you know, so I won't really believe it until we are about 50 miles out of town and I can take a breath.
I know my boys need a fun day, too, but that will be tomorrow. For today, its just the 2 of us. Do we remember how to do that? Its so funny to think we were together for 10 years before our first son was born. What did I do every evening, was it an amazing thing to sleep in our bed alone together, without little feet in our backs or faces? How could I have possibly spent the time, which I have so little of now.
So, off we go into the wild blue yonder.
Hello, old friend...remember me?

No comments: