Sunday, June 1, 2008

My Baby's Baptism

My baby was baptized today. Yes, he's my baby. But, he's also 2& 1/2 years old. Which, would not be a problem except there was 6 children getting baptized at the same time today. Yes, six. I would have gladly changed to another day when my pastor was doing the baptizing, but was not told that there were so many. Needless to say, my son, the crazy one of my family as it is, STOLE THE SHOW. So, I felt sorry for the other parents with there little babies, as cute as could be. We were the 1st to get the water on the forehead, and did he scream! and, continue to scream for the entire rest of the service, even though we kept promising bubble gum after the ceremony! Needless to say, the balance of the ceremony was taken up by what my little guy had to say. And, I couldn't be prouder. So what that I waited 2 years. Kiss my ass. My boy even said "Baptism" when the priest asked what we were here for. No other baby even knew what he or she was doing. Mine was just pissed about the water, and kept saying that he hated Fr. ..., no water on his head any more! What I love is that our pastor loves us, since my hubby is always doing work up there for free mind you, but that also we are so involved in our parish. So, he laughed off our little one's outburst, and was quite a sport.
So, welcome to our faith, Little One. May I be worthy enough to pass our Catholicism along to you.
Love,
Momma

No comments: